miércoles, febrero 16, 2005

 

to all concerned parties:

i know at times i may seem ready to turn in my apple keychain and give up teaching, but in reality i just don't know about my particular school, with its peculiar parents and inconsistent/disorganized bilingual program. i like first grade, i really do, but i don't know if it's my niche. for those of you that have just started to visit this blog (and i have no idea who you are since most of you don't leave comments, but my counter is telling me i'm getting all kinds of traffic recently), last fall i taught 6th and 7th grade spanish. i LOVED it. i loved the content, i loved the kids. i planned all my own curriculum and was given an extremely limited budget, but i made do with what i had and had a wonderful experience. so, given my constant indecision about what to do, tomorrow i'm interviewing with a middle school in another city for a spanish teaching position. the school i'll be visiting tomorrow is a charter school based on the same program as the school i taught here, only better organized and more impressive.

i used to have a 10-year plan, but in the last 8 months i seem to have decided to let the wind carry me where it may. let's hope things work out for the best, no matter where i land next fall.

Comments:
Good luck with the interview! I've been following your site for a little while now, but I didn't realize you taught 6/7 Spanish before. Since you loved it, I really hope this interview works out! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)
 
I know what you mean about the wind taking you where it will. Ten year plan? How 'bout midlife crisis? Aughhhh!
 
Publicar un comentario

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?