viernes, diciembre 16, 2005

 

done

i've finished my first official year of first grade. looking back, it's been a pretty smooth ride, all things considered. sure, i've been stressed and sure i've had shitty days, but i haven't had any snags that seemed insurmountable. the parents of my former students have positive things to say about me, my administration is very supportive of me and puts a lot of faith in my work, and my former students themselves are proof positive that i can in fact teach kids how to read and therefore do not suck. my current students are at the critical point where things need to start clicking and things get serious... retention becomes a possibility, parent conferences are no longer to be avoided, and interventions are a necessity.

i'd reflect more, but i'm on vacation. have a great one! =)

Comments:
must share... one kid gave me a stuffed reindeer. he asked me to open it in front of him, and as i pulled it out yelled, "Don't eat the candy! It's OLD!" sweet.
 
Let's hear it for winter break! It is cold and wet and damp here but I don't care. I don't have to go anywhere!
 
Yay! dulces vacaciones!
This is the first year I did not receive a single gift from my class...sad : (
But hey, there's still the last day of school...maybe then I'll get a gift.

Take Care!
 
congrats on your success. I have enjoyed keeping up with your exploits.


Here's to a great rest of the year. Let's hope it doesn't suck.
(smile)

Enjoy your break!
 
Just stopping by to say "Hola" and to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a joyous New Year!

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
Cuidate!
 
Publicar un comentario

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?