viernes, agosto 18, 2006

 

on the verge

classroom photos are up on flickr. a former student came by yesterday afternoon. his mother was concerned because they moved to a new home and transfered the boys to a new school. the entire family is unhappy and my former student spent the last two days sobbing and dreading school. she's at a loss as to what to do... leave the boys in the new school and see if they get used to it, but what if they decide that my school is a better choice but it's too late to transfer? she was calm and collected until i ushered her into my room to keep the baby out of the Texas heat.

then she lost it and started crying.

and i, being totally incapable of staying stoic when others are crying in front of me, lost it, too.

today at lunch i had to discipline one of my favorite, sweetest students. had to walk away because i started tearing up. against my better judgment, i stayed after school to work on some things to aid my extremely low students. one of which doesn't know the alphabet. and i went to the office to show the stuff i did to a teammate. my frustration and panic was obvious. and i lost it again.

i'm such a friggin' baby.

update: she enrolled him back at our school. he marched in this morning like it was the first day and didn't miss a beat. i love these friggin kiddos!

Comments:
There's nothing wrong with caring.
 
Publicar un comentario

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?